Home: General Discussions: Off The Beadin' Path:
Dollhouse Building & Renovations

Dollhouse Building & Renovations Can't Post

While the summer sun is out, and bare feet and bikini tops are everywhere, it's somewhat hard to think about the snowy holiday season, but it is fast approaching!

Tomorrow starts the beginning of the 8th month of the year, and the holidays arrive in the 12th!

We have a limited set of openings for custom finished dollhouses. If you have the kits, or know what kits you want to start with, we can build, finish, electrify or otherwise complete your kits.

I have a Thornhill kit, ready and waiting for a clear spot on my bench. The raw kit with upgraded parts is $1200, by the time I'm finished with it, hopefully by Christmas, but no later than Valentine's Day 2006, the shell price will be about $8,000 (painted, walls, floors and ceilings, and electric-no fixtures). Price can be as high as $12,000 if I get inspired with any of the rooms. I tend to like to build higher-end houses, with as much finished wood as I can find and fit in.

We currently have a few unfinished shell kits completed (exteriors, but bare interiors). I might finish up one of them, but they are ready NOW for wallpaper or paint, and furnishing/decorating.

We can assemble (build, prime, fill gaps, run electric, etc) shell kits, and have them ready for you to paint and wallpaper for roughly 4x the cost of the kit if it's a cut-plywood or MDF kit, or between 6 and 10x the cost of a die-cut kit depending on the complexity. (Die-cut kits tend to use lower grade plywood, are very thin, and require large amounts of putty and sanding sealer to get smooth edges and seams.)

For furnishings and interiors, we've forged an alliance with Lynlott Miniatures, and they have a large selection materials to finish off and decorate your new little home.