Home: General Discussions: Classes & Instruction:
Summer Class Spectacular!

May 26, 2005, 12:22 PM

Summer Class Spectacular! Can't Post

We are planning an _ENTIRE_ summer of classes!

We expect this to be a largely stay-at-home summer, with gas prices at near record highs (unless they go higher).

For less than the price of a tank of gas, that goes up in fumes (in more ways than one), you can have a fulfilling crafting experience, that lasts far longer than that tank of gas.

We'll have classes for all ages, and covering all topics.

We have no schedule yet (those who know us, know that we can set up a class in a few minutes for walk ins), or even what we are going to offer. That is MOSTLY up to YOU!

We can open mornings, if there is a demand for kids or adults who want to start their day with a beading experience, we will also offer afternoon and evening classes.

Topics can be *anything* from simple stringing, to peyote, macrame to wire wrapping.

We are open to suggestions, and if we get a real interest in certain topics, we'll set up some times.

If you (or you and a friend) want to learn something, tell us WHEN, and we'll arrange it.

There is much, much more coming!

Sep 20, 2005, 10:53 PM

Re: [pugdog] Summer Class Spectacular! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! If we only knew!

It's September 20, about 4 months after the above post, and gas prices were obscene! They've backed off a bit in the past few days, but now every time the wind blows, they are raising oil prices.

We also had a busy summer of new beaders, and fun things! People who stopped in saw a lot of changes, and got a lot of great values on "quick buys" we found.

We had a bunch of travelling bead sellers stop in, and expanded our higher-end and vintage inventory a bit.

We also had a lot of new beaders, and people coming in on a weekly (or more often) basis, looking for things to do.

We need more "booth" or "work area" space, and are rearranging the store again, hopefully to make it easier for Marie to assist larger number of people at one time, and to make sure you have a workarea available when you stop in.

We still hope to have the largest part of this rearrangement done in the next week. The major "organizational" hurdle (reorganizing the store room, and unboxing crated inventory) has been done, and it's mostly now physically moving things around from one side to the other.

Marie still has some openings for parties and instruction as we head into the holiday season, so if you are interested, give her a call.