Home: General Discussions: Classes & Instruction:
Classes Forming now! Suggest one!

Mar 23, 2003, 9:03 PM

Classes Forming now! Suggest one! Can't Post

CLASSES: we are taking suggestions for classes. We can hold small workshops 1-2 people during store hours, but can hold 6-person classes in the mornings (we don't open til 1am), on Mondays, and Sunday afternoons. Morning classes can run from 10am - 12noon (or 1pm; 2-3 hours), and Sunday afternoon workshops can run from 3pm-6pm. Mondays, we have more flexibility, and can have 2 sessions, from 10am-1pm and 2pm-5pm, or evening sessions from 6pm-9pm (roughly).

Things we can teach is bead crochet/bead rope, bead stringing using a variety of techniques and both with wire and nylon, looming, peyote stitch, and similar. We can also show the basics of wire wrapping and simple jewelry making and repair.

Marie is available for 1 on 1 instruction in the store. She's happy to show you how to do things when things are quiet, or you can make an appointment for individual instruction.

In home parties and instructions for small groups, 4-6 people are available, with complete supply kits in a variety of offerings. Simple stringing, looming, earring making, and off-loom weaving are all possibles.

Party boxes for kids, with or without an instructor, are available. They include a huge supply of pony beads and special beads, findings and stringing materials, idea sheets and more. Hours of fun! (1-2 hours of indoor or outdoor entertainment, on average). For older kids, beadie critters using seed beads for earrings or zipper pulls can be arranged, as well as simple looming parties where complete crafts can be made in about 2 hours.