Home: Announcements: BeadCon - Pittsburgh:
Trunk Shows vs "Bead Shows"

Mar 13, 2006, 9:06 AM

Trunk Shows vs "Bead Shows" Can't Post

We have an increasing number of vendors driving by with limited notice, and a few that will be giving us more advanced notice.

Would you be interested in having them do trunk shows?

Their goal is to sell beads, stones, findings, whatever. If they are warned ahead of time, most are willing to sell to the general public through us, and you get significant discounts over the retail prices if we had to buy it, stock and then sell it - or if you tried to buy it on the Internet or from other sources.

We've had a few impromptu sales like this, and the vendors liked the extra sales. Who wouldn't :)

Conventions are a lot of work, and they can be a hit or miss, depending on traffic, climate, weather, or whatever else is going on that day. We'd love to have a LOCAL set of artist and jewelry maker shows, but the economics of the bead shows doesn't work out right. Not for Pittsburgh.

On the other hand, smaller independent trunk shows, from specific vendors *do* work out for those people interested.

Our goal is to keep you beading, working, and creating. We can't stock everything, and we might not even know you are looking for those sorts of beads. But if you came, and picked them out yourself, we'll pass along all the savings that goes with that. No stocking fees, no "risk" on having it not sell, no carrying costs, :) The last group of people who lucked into this loved it.

So, if there is interest, we'll try to make the times available to MEMBERS here, and to our regular customers. if you want to be on a call or email list, please let us know in the shop, or via a PM here. We aren't going to post the times publicly, since we can't handle a huge number of people in the shop at one time, and we want to take care of our regulars first.

If this works out over the next few months, we might expand it into a monthly or bi-monthly event on one weekend day.

What we do is really up to you :)