Home: Announcements: BeadCon - Pittsburgh:
Getting Closer

Getting Closer Can't Post

Well, we are getting closer to a real Pittsburgh Bead Show, something that will appeal to Pittsburghers, and satisfy that creative urge.

People need a long lead time for bead shows, to fit into their travel schedules, but LOCAL shows should be able to be more flexible.

We are looking at the end of February, that last weekend, as a strong possible. It will come right at the time most people need a serious pick-me-up, and are looking toward spring with eager anticipation.

We need several sorts of things.

1) vendors. Those will come over time
2) teachers: That is more problematic, as a really good class schedule is important. We found out from our last show, people really wanted to see/learn so many things.
3) Workshops: Not classes. Workshops let you make something you already have the basic skills for. They expand on your exisiting knowledge.
4) ATTENDEES!! This is the most important thing. A show of hands for people who want to go to a bead convention :) We'll set up a separate mailing list, but for now, please make sure you are registered here, and your email is up to date. You can also leave a private message.

There are other key things, but most can be provided by the host site, *IF* the people come. We can even get "virtual vendors" -- that is materials from vendors who can't make the show, but want to get their wares displayed.

There are now at least 3 "real" bead shops in Pittsburgh, maybe as many as 5 or 6. Each is different, and each has a different line of materials.

Pretty soon, we can have our own Pittsburgh-Only convention :)