Home: General Discussions: Off The Beadin' Path:
What do you do when you need a break from beading?

What do you do when you need a break from beading? Can't Post

It may sound silly, since beading is supposed to be your break, but everything can get trying at times.

If you work with beads professionally, sometimes those little eyes staring back at you look like monsters waiting to eat your soul if you have to go near them.

Even beading as a hobby can get to you if what you are trying to work on isn't working out.

What do you do when you need a break from beading?

Most beaders are crafty people in general, so beading is just one of their hobbies. For some it's their favorite or main hobby, for others it's what they do to take that break from their main interests :)

Beading, wire working, bead making, lampworking or glass blowing are all bead-related, but so are other things. Many of our customers have interests in paper crafts like quilling and origami. "Scrapbooking" covers so much, it's bunch of hobbies and interests rolled up as one.

My own interests are in model building and small-scale miniatures. I'm feeling the "tension" from not being able to work on them for so long, which is why the store is rearranging again :) <G> Isn't it great to have that? Stress, sweat, ache and break to move things around to squeeze in another set of interests :) It's not really that bad. Motrin takes away the aches (usually), the A/C has been working (knocking on wood), and we have made a lot of new floor space we just need to consolidate into usable areas.

So again, what do YOU do to take that break, get your mind off in a new direction, and clear your heads so you can return to taming those little cycloptic monsters we call beads?