Home: General Discussions: Off The Beadin' Path:
Hobby Forums

Hobby Forums Can't Post

We are in the process of expanding our offerings to include certain hobbies and crafts, as we had originally intended. "Eclectia Hobbies" was our original name, and rocks and beading were going to be just two of the hobbies, in addition to dollhouses and miniatures, model building, paper crafts and a few other related things.

For a few reasons, we changed the name and concentrated on the Rocks & Beads for the first three years. During that time, we've supplied odd and hard-to-find craft supplies to a growing number of customers. We are going to start to build on that, and expand the general craft offerings into the scale modeling arena from structural supplies to scenic details.

In addition to the Sci-Fi vehicle kits and classic kits, we are going to start carrying model building supplies to help finish up and detail your scale models and dioramas. We'll be adding in a line of scenery building materials, scale lumber, scale plastic and scale metal. We'll also be adding in the parts and pieces to build HO and N scale buildings and structures from a variety of sources. While we'll carry some larger scale materials, we are targeting the 12:1 (dollhouse), 40-48:1 (most cars and military models), 80-90:1 (HO and ship models) and 160:1 (N-scale railroading) scales primarily.

We'll also have a small selection of 1:24 and 1:144 parts for half-scale and dollhouse-dollhouse scale, but this will most likely be just specific kits, rather than parts.

We'll have scale conversion charts, and be able to offer help picking the appropriate scale lumber or other material for finishing your projects.

We feel there is a large target between the scale modelers and engineering and architectural students to support this addition.

Once we start getting in the materials, we'll have at least one work bench and project in progress in the store, from dollhouses to 2x4 railroad modules in N or HO scale.

We'll also be holding model workshops on a variety of scale modeling techniques from wood working, working with plastics, scenery developing and weathering techniques. We'll also be holding "Modular Workshops" on diorama construction and building railroad track modules.

The goal is to foster creativity and to build and develop creative skills that can be applied to a whole range of hobby and leisure time activities.

http://HobbyWire.com
http://OurModelTrains.com
http://ModularWorkshops.com
http://PittsburghHobbyForums.com

http://DollhouseDiscussions.com

These and other sites will be developed and opening up through the coming holiday season.