Home: Bead Causes - BeadCauses.org: Beads of Courage:
Philadelphia Beaders we need your support!!

Jean Baruch

Philadelphia Beaders we need your support!! Can't Post

Dear Beading Community at Large,

If you haven't had a chance yet, please visit the Beads of Courage website for information about the Beads of Courage program for children coping with cancer. As the Program Director, I am working hard to establish this program that I developed as a research-based supportive care intervention for children receiving treatment for cancer in all children's hospitals throughout the nation. We currently have three hospitals which implement the program for the pediatric oncology patients, with the goal to add many more. Including - Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. We need your financial support to assist with the cost of the program materials so that we can provide this much-needed program to both of these hospitals. Do you know anyone out there that would consider making a financial donation to assist us in our effort? The program costs are minimal with start-up costs only $2,500 - which is approx. $10 per child to provide this program to them during the entire treatment. Do you work for or know of a company, sports team, or other group that would consider becoming the Community Partner by sponsoring their Beads of Courage program outright?

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Jean Baruch, RN
Beads of Courage