Home: Announcements: Highlighted Products, Gemstone Pictures:
Black Coral Bead Strands -- Vintage - AWESOME!

Black Coral Bead Strands -- Vintage - AWESOME! Can't Post

Many of you have looked at, and lusted after the black coral strands that are in the main display case. They had been on consignment, but we just purchased them outright, and are willing to make a deal on either of them or both of them.

They had been marked $575 each, and that is a good value, considering this material is no longer available, and these are LARGE and CHUNKY and can either be restrung for a magnificent one of a kind heirloom, or broken up into several different pieces. The two strands are very different,and each has different potential.

Combined price on both was always about $1000 ($150 off the combined asking price) but we are willing to field reasonable offers on them, and you might be suprised at what we'll agree to. I really love one of the pieces, especially one bead, and we might end up breaking up that strand, and offering them as individual items.

To refresh your memories, here is a picture of them when we took them in:

Black coral is the state gem of Hawaii, not helping it's endagered status any.

Here are a few links about it:

A National Geographic Article on the current state of black coral:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...0606_blackcoral.html

Advisory group: Ban black coral harvests for 5 years
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/...May/20/br/br08p.html

Marine Life Profile for Black Coral (PDF)
http://waquarium.mic.hawaii.edu/...rians/BlackCoral.pdf

(This post was edited by pugdog on Jun 10, 2005, 11:50 AM)