Home: General Discussions: Bead Exchange & Bead Swap:
Beadexchange Expanded

Beadexchange Expanded Can't Post

The past few months I've been working hard behind the scenes (hence, little activity here), but we are setting up a lot of new domains for hobbies and crafts. There is some new activity in the hobby/craft area going on in town, and we are hoping to keep it going!

We opend up 3 years ago, originally sa a "hobby" shop, with rocks and beads, but also
classic crafts like dollhouses, trains, wood kits, and model building.

We've been talking to Lynn Lot Miniatures at DollhouseJunction.com about coordinating
dollhouse workshops and crafts sessions. Dollhouses are one of my favorite hobbies,
and it's been too long since my last house. Decorating dollhouses go very well with
our general list of crafts. Beads are used to decorate all sorts of dolls, and can be
used to create all sorts of fun things for dolls houses.

We'll be opening some kids crafts sites, as well as a few other Dollhouse and Model Train
sites. We will *not* be working R/C models (planes or cars).

In addition, we are expanding the items we'll trade for in exchange for beads to
include general craft items, scrap booking items, dollhouses and accessories, model
trains, and a few other things.

If you want to trade for beads, or store gift certificates, we are interested in
the following general hobby supplies:

Code

Dollhouses: Real Good Toys and Log Cabins preferred.
GreenLeaf and DuraCraft (die cut) kits are greatly discounted

Scrap booking
dies and punches
sizzix
corner rounders
accessories
papers (if not cut up, or dented)

Model Trains or Railroads -- HO and N scale primarily
track
power packs
unbuilt kits and buildings
wood kits!
rolling stock to a limited degree (most boxed plastic cars are worth less than $1)
Engines
Figures
woodland sceenics
design preservation kits

Origami Books
paper

Quilling books
paper

Non-Starwars non-Startrek sci-fi model kits, especially vehicles.

Wooden toy kits.

Please call before bringing your items, since some items are worth far
less than others to us. Many extremely common items have almost no value,
despite what you might have paid for them. Die-cut doll house kits are in
that class. Most $100 kits are worth less than $20. The idea here is that
if they are of no use to you, by trading it in you can get *something* that is,
and someone else can benefit too. It's not a way of "cashing in" on junk. :)

This is not a way to bypass the flea market or yard sale, but rather a way to trade
your older craft projects, and items, for beads -- if that's your current
interest.