Home: Help Me!: Searching For...:
Peyote stitch software

bruce920

Peyote stitch software Can't Post

does anybody know of computer software that has a peyote stitch graph that can be filled in with colors and then edited at will? I have a cross-stitch program that I use for loom work that works wonderfully, but I can't adapt it to peyote stitch. Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Re: [bruce920] Peyote stitch software [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

There are several software programs out there, one for the Mac and several for the PC.

*NONE* are really great. It seems like a great idea, but in reality, paper works better for planning, and the programs work better for making pretty printed diagrams or distributing patterns to others.

search for "bead software" or "bead designer program"

I don't have a list of URL's off hand, since they keep changing, and as I said, *none* of the programs is really good, and *none* offered an evaluation copy when I asked (and one was actually quite insulting and nasty about it) so I don't bother to list them. They are all commercial products, and giving them a "free" plug for for being rude and nasty isn't in my nature. Had they been nicer about it, I would have.

I've made some graph paper, and will probably be making more as I have the time. My graph paper is vector art, so it can be sized in any good program (not windows fax viewer!) and give high quality results. Taping several sheets together to design is still the best way. Then, you can put it into one of the programs to tweak it and get a print out.

Skye95

Re: [bruce920] Peyote stitch software [In reply to] Can't Post

I know really good programs for making cross stitch patterns. One of my favorite tools for this is pretty easy to use. I like the intuitive interface in this program. I can share with you a link to an online portal where you can download this software without viruses. If you still need instructions, then visit this link https://doitms.com/csm/doc/ and you will find here everything you need to create cross stitch patterns using this program.

Ava55

Re: [Skye95] Peyote stitch software [In reply to] Can't Post

If you are looking for a software development company, I have partnered with https://servreality.com/ responsible for teaching, designing, developing, testing and developing software, software development tools, and games. The staff is great, I highly recommend!