Home: General Discussions: Off The Beadin' Path:
What do you do when you need a break from beading?

What do you do when you need a break from beading? Can't Post

It may sound silly, since beading is supposed to be your break, but everything can get trying at times.

If you work with beads professionally, sometimes those little eyes staring back at you look like monsters waiting to eat your soul if you have to go near them.

Even beading as a hobby can get to you if what you are trying to work on isn't working out.

What do you do when you need a break from beading?

Most beaders are crafty people in general, so beading is just one of their hobbies. For some it's their favorite or main hobby, for others it's what they do to take that break from their main interests :)

Beading, wire working, bead making, lampworking or glass blowing are all bead-related, but so are other things. Many of our customers have interests in paper crafts like quilling and origami. "Scrapbooking" covers so much, it's bunch of hobbies and interests rolled up as one.

My own interests are in model building and small-scale miniatures. I'm feeling the "tension" from not being able to work on them for so long, which is why the store is rearranging again :) <G> Isn't it great to have that? Stress, sweat, ache and break to move things around to squeeze in another set of interests :) It's not really that bad. Motrin takes away the aches (usually), the A/C has been working (knocking on wood), and we have made a lot of new floor space we just need to consolidate into usable areas.

So again, what do YOU do to take that break, get your mind off in a new direction, and clear your heads so you can return to taming those little cycloptic monsters we call beads?

SamuelCully

Re: [pugdog] What do you do when you need a break from beading? [In reply to] Can't Post

Once I was very tired of work and decided to go on vacation, I took a walk there so much that I spent all my money and did not know how I would get home. Thank you for the person I met there talking about shogun slot[url=https://fafafa-slot.com/shogun-slot/], I quickly returned the lost and safely returned home

(This post was edited by SamuelCully on Jun 25, 2020, 10:32 AM)

bonnieshona

Re: [SamuelCully] What do you do when you need a break from beading? [In reply to] Can't Post

Here are a few helpful tips if you need a break:

Get creative- art, music, craft, writing, vlogs, blogs, dance, photography, anything that allows you to visually or audibly express yourself.. Art therapy such as doodling and zen tangles are also a good way to relieve everyday stress.
Walk! Because walking clears your head. Spend some time alone with yourself. Go take a walk at your favorite spot. Spend some time in nature. It doesnít have to be brisk walking. Just being outdoors near nature brings a sense of calm and weird sense of comfort. Walking will not only get you fresh air but also some exercise .
Watch a movie, funny video, or anything that would take your mind off the stress.
Enjoy a cup of coffee at your favorite coffee shop. There is something very comforting about it! Obviously it doesnít have to be a coffee shop and you donít just have to drink coffee.. basically just any place you like and any drink you like.. just avoid alcohol at all costs unless you want a headache.
Take a warm shower. Nothing is more relaxing!
Hit the gym or just get up and stretch .. if youíre a sedentary worker and assuming you want to take a break from work.. just get up and stretch your muscles!
Sleep! If everything else fails, the next best step is just goto sleep.. make sure to play some nice relaxing music and burn some insence like lavender which is super relaxing.
could | care

jijiji

Re: [SamuelCully] What do you do when you need a break from beading? [In reply to] Can't Post

Previously, I was just doing hobbies, I could watch a movie, read a book, if the weather was good, I often went to the park or on a picnic. And now I realized that I want to develop more, I'm thinking of enrolling in courses and completely changing my life. Now I am interested in http://electrolysiscourse.com/ electrolysis courses , let's see if this is my chance to start earning a lot

(This post was edited by jijiji on Jan 14, 2022, 12:27 AM)