Home: Chainmail: Starting Out:
Rings for mail

Rings for mail Can't Post

We have been investigating several sources for rings, and stocking a selection of rings in popular jewerly sizes (as well as clothing/armor sizes).

Materials available have increased in the past few months from mostly aluminum, stainless steel, and nickle silver, to include a much larger selection of those materials (diameters, and gauges) as well as a large selection of precious metals -- sterling silver, gold filled, and even 14k gold), niobium in several colorss, brass, copper and titanium, as well as a few others.

Of course we can't stock them all, but we can stock some popular items, and some smaller stock of lesser needed items, and we can also forge relationships with ring makers to get more unusual items in a timely fashion.

Is there an interest?

We can make kits for belts, and bracelets, even purses and bags. Some sites sell clothing kits from shirts and coifs to bikini's and full dresses.

Let us know. Chain making is a big part of jewerly, and linked rings are a very important part of it all.

le147

Re: [pugdog] Rings for mail [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm interested in the links in bulk. I have started a dice bag which is coming along nicely. Bead & Button got me started on it and there are a lot of free instructions on the net for the different designsSmile

Re: [le147] Rings for mail [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes :)

There are a lot of patterns, and both Wire Artists magazine and Beadwork have had articles on it as well.

We are still looking at the costs/process involved in cutting rings, but we can stock rings for local crafts people, if we know what they use and want.

We can buy in bulk, save on shipping, and sell in smaller quantities, but have it available.