Home: Announcements: BeadCon - Pittsburgh:
Bead Con --Is there interest?

Bead Con --Is there interest? Can't Post

I can't remember one, actually <G> Other than the Carnegie Gem & Mineral show, where venders have gemstone beads as part of their lots.

In the back of my mind, I keep wanting to set one up, and then I take a few deep breaths and the feeling goes away <G>

I have set up http://beadcon.com (I thought about BeadCon, Bead Con One, etc) as a pointer to our forums area, to discuss this possibility. Any and all suggestions, comments, etc would be appreciated. Right now, there is nothing definite, but I'm sure I could locate space for a cozy convention or show, and hold them as frequently as every quarter.

The goal is *not* to have one big convention a year so people lose interest, or one every week, so people get bored, but rather one every 3-4 months so that people can restock, revive, and rejoice :)

Advertising is not a major problem, a few well placed ads, a few mailers, a couple of radio spots, and it should work. There is a lot of word of mouth in this town.

The *problem* is vendors, designers, exhibitors, etc. In short, the interest of people who have the goods, and who want to come to Pittsburgh.

Setting up a "serious" show takes a lead time of at least 2 years. I can't wait. (I also don't want a serious show... see above).

But, obtaining space in a hotel, getting local people to kick start the event, and maybe some interest from a few outside vendors, takes only a few months. Once the recurring show schedule is set, national/outside interest will occur, with different vendors at different times of the year as their schedules allow.

The problem is,

---> Are there any vendors, designers and potential exhibitors in the Pittsburgh area?

Is there enough local interest to set up a 1-day show, or a 2-day show, sometime around July/August ??

Mar 9, 2003, 9:27 PM

Re: [pugdog] Bead Con --Is there interest? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've started scouting locations, and am targeting a late August or September date (with a fall back date of late november).

Again, depending on success, the goal is to have a recurring show, every 3-4 months, so people can plan ahead, and vendors can catch the seasonal market demands.

aksyic
New User

Apr 21, 2013, 6:24 PM

Re: [pugdog] Bead Con --Is there interest? [In reply to] Can't Post

yes ,like interesting beads.

yajof
Novice

Apr 6, 2019, 11:59 PM

Re: [pugdog] Bead Con --Is there interest? [In reply to] Can't Post

NJMCDirect provides the NJ Ticket Prefix Code and you can use this code to pay your ticket fines online on its official site.

https://surveyexperience.info/www-njmcdirect-com/