Home: 3d Beading: Beadie Critters:
Seed bead critters

Seed bead critters Can't Post

I really like making the beadie critters out of seed beads -- sizes 6,8,10 or 11. The new ultra mini pony beads may now be another alternative, but they are plastic not glass.

I use wire, and often go back through the whole piece, making a very stiff, and durable.

I like the little kits, but most of the beads included are very poor quality. Some are very, very bad. Varying by as much as 100% and being odd sized. Others are pretty good.

I've started making my own kits, with a higher grade of bead, czech or japanese (Who knows where those other odd sized things came from.)

I started several years ago, making 3d hollow beads using a double needle technique and 6 pound test.

These things make cute decorations, the translucent beads catch the light really well. They make nice zipper pulls, or earrings (if you use the 11/o beads).

janelf
New User

Apr 10, 2003, 11:56 AM

Re: [pugdog] Seed bead critters [In reply to] Can't Post

Where would you suggest I go for patterns? These sound like fun, small, easily transportable projects.

Jan

Apr 10, 2003, 4:23 PM

Re: [janelf] Seed bead critters [In reply to] Can't Post

Try http://ponybeading.com

The http://beadiecritters.com domain is still not working right.

You can also try searching for "sead beadies" and see what comes up :)

janelf
New User

Apr 11, 2003, 12:31 PM

Re: [pugdog] Seed bead critters [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, I'll go hunting!

Jan

artisticlane
New User

May 17, 2009, 5:31 PM

Re: [pugdog] Seed bead critters [In reply to] Can't Post

check out this cool 3D Beaded Honeybee at http://www.artisticlane.com/catalog1.0.html