Home: Forum Maintennence: Pittsburgh Area Bead Shops: PUGDOG's Rock & Bead Shop:
Moving -- Maybe 1 more year in Sq Hill

Moving -- Maybe 1 more year in Sq Hill Can't Post

We've looked into taking a smaller storefront for a year, as a step down to moving out of the city. But, the new store front would be far, far smaller ..... less than half the size of the current open shop, and 1/5th the size of the space we have total.

That means a *LOT* of stuff has to go. A *LOT* of stuff. We will not be carrying the wide range of slower moving "extras" we have, the crafts and such. That means we have a lot of nice things for holiday gift giving, birthdays, and just quiet times as the weather changes.

We have a bunch of odds and ends -- latch hook kits, plastic canvas (one really cool Halloween house I made... took me a long time.), and paintable wood door hangers and such. We also have a huge amount of loose foamies self-stick and glue on in all sorts of shapes, as well as christmas color greeting cards. Never too soon to start planning. We need to clear out all the various craft kits, games and activity kits. There simply won't be the room to display it all at the other location (and I am planning on concentrating more heavily on just beads and some metaphysical, rather than general crafting as we originally started out with).

I have not decided if I'm going to go the route with a lot of display case space, or mostly wall space with areas to work. If you have a preference, let me know! More stuff in cases, or 3-4 tables to work at. There will be a *lot* more lighting!! (one of the big issues in this space).

I will probably make a bunch of the work stations "dedicated" work spaces for things like pony/plastic/large hole beading, macramé, finishing, maybe even one for the paper crafts, quilling/origami/etc. I have a huge collection of scrapbooking stuff and dies which could be set up *maybe*.

But, and this is a big one, the space(s) we are looking at are literally HALF the area we have now. So the rocks (other than a small treasure chest and metaphysical stuff) are not going to be there, as well as all the craft (well 90% of the crafts).

On another note. I have a huge (well fairly substantial) collectible sci-fi model kit collection. Some are really, really rare. Others are extremely uncommon. I'm *not* interested in discounting, and/or bartering (Unless you have the one or two items I'm looking for). But, if you are serious about your kit collecting, or giving a gift to someone who is, I have a number of resin and vinyl kits from long defunct companies, and odd items that simply are not available -- even on ebay. I hope to have a list, or at least some photos of the boxes up (there are close to 200 various items in boxes, not just a few). Appointments *ONLY*.

There is also a huge amount of non-sports collectible sports cards from the 90's (mostly). Also, going back a few years in collectible sets. Nothing since 2000. If there is something you are looking for, I might have it. Trying to get that organized is simply not in the cards (intentional pun). I'd entertain *serious* buyout offers on this, but not pennies on the dollar, or such. Good with the bad. There are loads of the chase and autograph cards, and specials. It was a mix of my own collection, and higher-end trading collectibles business. This is all boxed, and paged, and well organized, so moving it is only a matter of carrying -- though I would hate to have to do that if I didn't have to. Appointments *ONLY*.

You know we always had a great collection of crafty odds and ends -- we started as a hobby shop, then became the rock and bead shop by demand. A lot of the crafty origins have stayed with us, but for now, we have no room for them. So, help us clear them out :)

Dahilla
Novice

May 8, 2020, 7:49 PM

Re: [pugdog] Moving -- Maybe 1 more year in Sq Hill [In reply to] Can't Post

If you plan to change the location of your store, it will be better to find professionals for this. I know that in New Zealand there are special companies that provide such services. For example, here https://www.wisemove.co.nz/moving-companies you can easily find all offers from moving companies in your area. This is very convenient, because in a few minutes you can compare different companies, their prices and service. You will also find quotas there that companies offer to their clients. Only if you contact the moving company you can be sure that your shop equipment and all goods will be safe on the go.

Mark Ultra

Re: [pugdog] Moving -- Maybe 1 more year in Sq Hill [In reply to] Can't Post

Now we have more opportunities for moving because everything got easier. For example, we don't even need to attend a flat we wanna buy, we can see it with VR from https://visengine.com/...ity-for-real-estate/ and it my opinion, this is a cool opportunity to buy a flat in another country.