Home: General Discussions: Bead Exchange & Bead Swap:
[UPDATE] Bead Exchange - Bigger, Better, Beautiful!

Dec 1, 2003, 9:47 AM

[UPDATE] Bead Exchange - Bigger, Better, Beautiful! Can't Post

The Bead Exchange will be expanding, now that we have a place to hold it.

Tuesday afternoons from 2pm - 6pm, we'll set up the class room area for swapping and trading. Members can trade among themselves, or offer up parts of their stash for items from our inventory. All the old rules apply, just a more comfortable setting.

On Tuesdays we waive the membership requirement to trade with us, but you must have a Bead Exchange membership card to trade between yourselves. These club dues are required for a number of reasons, and are quite reasonable. $10 per year, or $25 for life. Your card also entitles you to initiate a trade or swap with us at any time!

Need a few more colored beads for that Delica project, and have some carved bone beads you no longer are interested in? Maybe we can trade.

PS: We'll be selling a complete line of Delicas (as available from the manufacturers and distributors), and will be offering them in as little as 1gram amounts. It's been a popular request to have small amounts of beads -- less than 5 grams even -- and we are listening. We can offer small amounts of beads of any beads we have in stock. Packaging and labor start to cost more than the beads when doing this, but it can save you money if you don't need 10 grams of anything.

PPS: Have Delica colors you are no longer using? If you have at least 1 gram (preferably 5 or more) we can trade colors we don't have in stock for colors we do, in a price-code to price-code swap. If we do have the colors in stock, there is a 20% discount applied to your trade in, but that is still a great deal! Match it anywhere in town, or on the Internet :)

Mar 1, 2004, 8:53 AM

Re: [pugdog] [UPDATE] Bead Exchange - Bigger, Better, Beautiful! [In reply to] Can't Post

We will have the bead exchange in the front of the store this week, and for the next few weeks, until we can get the classroom emptied out again. Hopefully with the break in the weather the roof will be fixed.

Tues/Wed (or maybe Thurs) I'm expecting some big shipments in. They usually arrive around 4pm, so I'll be opening boxes, and putting stuff out. There is always a "new item" discount, so keep that in mind for this week.