the challenges the Bills

hongwei28
Novice

Sep 12, 2018, 7:30 PM

the challenges the Bills Can't Post

Denver Broncos fans have pretty much given up on Paxton Lynch.
No longer do they fill the airwaves and social media posts with debates about how Denver's 2016 first-round draft pick should be learning on the job even though he hasn't earned the Broncos' starting quarterback job.
They're wearing Case Keenum No. 4 jerseys now [url=http://www.patriotscheapstore.com/shaq-mason-jersey-cheap]Shaq Mason Jersey , ready to move on from the crisp No. 12s that have gotten about as much wear and tear as Lynch's own game-day jersey.
Two men who aren't quite ready to label Lynch a blunder are general manager John Elway and coach Vance Joseph.
While that might seem predictable, both men are adamant that the ex-Memphis QB is just a late bloomer, not a bust.
Even after signing Keenum in free agency to a two-year deal and declaring the sixth-year veteran the team's starter, Elway has stuck by Lynch.
To the surprise of many, he bypassed a bevy of quarterback prospects in the NFL draft. After using all 10 of his picks on other positions, he declared that Lynch is still young and hasn't run out of chances in Denver.
"We are not kicking him to the curb," Elway said. "He can still develop. When we drafted him two years ago, we knew it was going to take some time."
Elway added this caveat, however: Lynch will compete with Chad Kelly , "Mr. Irrelevant" as the final selection of the 2017 NFL draft out of Ole Miss, for the backup job this summer.
The buzz around Broncos headquarters is that Lynch is a more dedicated pro this year. His performances on the field, at least those open to the media, have looked a lot like his first two years: flashes of jaw-dropping brilliance but still some head-scratching poor plays and bad decisions.
Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave saluted Lynch's red zone play Wednesday and said, "We want those decisions, those habits, to become part of his fabric so they can become natural, reactive."
Joseph praised Lynch in an interview with The Associated Press [url=http://www.saintscheapstore.com/sam-mills-jersey-cheap]Sam Mills Jersey , saying, "I think Paxton is really motivated to show everyone that he can be a No. 1 quarterback in this league and watching him work this entire offseason he is different because I've seen him a lot more up in the halls here.
"And that takes time to find your comfort zone with coaches, with your organization."
Joseph noted that Lynch has had three offensive coordinators in Denver so far, something that reminds him of another QB he worked with early in his career.
"I was with Alex Smith his first three or four years and it kind of looked like Paxton because Alex had four coordinators in his first four years in the league,'" Joseph said. "How can a guy comfortably get better as a quarterback in a system that is brand new every year, right?
"These guys need time to develop as quarterbacks. We want them to walk in and play. Now some guys do. Russell Wilson walked in and did it. But most guys don't do it."
What Lynch needs, Joseph said, is "time to be in a system for a two-year period and you will see real growth."
Joseph said he saw improvement last year even though Lynch was hurt most of the season and only started twice.
Like Elway, Joseph was impressed with Lynch's performance in the season finale, when he went 21 for 31 for 254 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions in a 27-24 loss to Kansas City.
"He played that position very, very naturally in that game," Joseph said. "Now, from that point to now, he's a different guy. He's 10 percent better. Now, when it comes time for him to play for us this year and win a football game, he's going to be 20 percent better because he's been with Billy for a year and a-half now in the same system. That makes a difference."
First things first, Joseph insisted that Lynch still has to beat out Kelly in training camp to win the backup spot.
Yet [url=http://www.billscheapstore.com/andre-holmes-jersey-cheap]Andre Holmes Jersey , Joseph's effusive praise of Lynch reveals the degree to which the Broncos' brain trust still believes it didn't whiff by moving up to select him with the 26th overall pick two years ago.
Joseph said Lynch deserves such patience "because he does have rare talent."
"Who wants to throw out rare talent before you give him a chance to develop?" Joseph asked. "I don't want to. John doesn't want to."
Notes: DeMarcus Ware, who retired last year, has been brought back to Denver as a part-time pass-rushing consultant. He'll visit the team a few times every month and work a selection of home games, Joseph said.
MIAMI ¡ª When the New York Yankees visit the Miami Marlins on Tuesday for the start of a two-game series, much of the attention will be on the return of right fielder/DH Giancarlo Stanton.
A four-time All-Star, Stanton starred for the Marlins last year, leading the league in homers (59), RBIs (132) and slugging percentage (.631). He was named the National League MVP after his incredible 2017 season and yet the Marlins dumped his huge contract this past winter, trading him to the Yankees for second baseman Starlin Castro and two prospects.
Stanton, who is battling through hamstring pain, is expecting the unexpected in this brief series in Miami.Article continues below ...
¡°Walking in and going to the visitors¡¯ side of the dugout (at Marlins Park) will be weird,¡± Stanton said. ¡°But I¡¯m looking forward to it ¡ª (Miami) was a big part of my life. It will be a cool experience.¡±
Yankees manager Aaron Boone said he expects this to be emotional for Stanton.
¡°He¡¯s going back to a city where he grew up in a lot of ways,¡± Boone said. ¡°He came up through their system, made the major leagues and became the face of their franchise.
¡°From what I¡¯ve seen of him the past four or five months, I think he will handle it pretty well.¡±
Stanton, whose OPS is down from a career-best 1.007 last year to .896 this season, is batting .285 with 26 doubles [url=http://www.vikingscheapstore.com/harrison-smith-jersey-cheap]Harrison Smith Jersey , 32 homers and 80 RBIs in 123 games.
He is being relied on more than usual at the moment because the Yankees are without three injured starters who combined to hit 110 homers last season ¡ª catcher Gary Sanchez, shortstop Didi Gregorius and right fielder Aaron Judge.
Sanchez (groin injury) could return by the end of this month. Judge (fractured right wrist) will be out until at least early September. Gregorius, who has a left-heel contusion, could return this week but likely not Tuesday.
¡°There¡¯s nothing broken, but he¡¯s got a significant bruise,¡± Boone said of Gregorius. ¡°There is swelling in there.¡±
Perhaps those injuries might level the playing field a bit between the Yankees (78-46, second place in the American League East) and the Marlins (50-76, last place in the NL East).
Tuesday¡¯s pitching matchup features a battle of right-handers ¡ª rookie Pablo Lopez (2-3, 3.79 ERA) for the Marlins and veteran Masahiro Tanaka (9-4, 4.03) for the Yankees.
Lopez, 22, struggled in his most recent start, allowing six runs in 5 1/3 innings in a loss to the Atlanta Braves.
A 6-foot-3, 200-pounder from Venezuela, Lopez has a respectable WHIP of 1.17 in his eight major-league starts.
But since making his big-league debut on June 30 with a win over the New York Mets, Lopez has never had either three consecutive poor starts or three straight quality outings. What Lopez is or can be as a pitcher has yet to be determined.
Tanaka, a 6-3 [url=http://www.seahawkscheapstore.com/alex-mcgough-jersey-cheap]Alex McGough Jersey , 215-pounder from Japan who turns 30 in November, is much more established, posting a 61-32 record and a 3.62 ERA in five major-league seasons.
He is one victory from his fifth consecutive double-figure-win season. Batters are hitting .232 against him this season, and his WHIP is 1.12.
Tanaka has been much better on the road than at home this year, posting a 6-0 record and a 3.86 ERA when not inside Yankee Stadium. He is 3-4 with a 4.27 ERA at home.
That could bode well for Tuesday¡¯s start. However, Tanaka wants to reverse a trend that saw him dominate in July (2-0, 1.75 ERA) but struggle so far in August (0-3, 5.17 ERA in three starts).
Watch out for Marlins first baseman Derek Dietrich on Tuesday. In six career at-bats against Tanaka, he is batting .667 with a home run and two RBIs.
As for the Yankees¡¯ lineup without their injured stars, expect second baseman Gleyber Torres to slide over to shortstop. Neil Walker will likely start at second base. Catcher Austin Romine has passed concussion protocol and should start behind the plate.
New York¡¯s outfield, left to right, could be Brett Gardner, Aaron Hicks and Stanton.
¡°I think we¡¯ve responded well,¡± Stanton said when asked about the injuries. ¡°It¡¯s a good test for us to play well when we are not at our full potential. I think other guys will step up.¡± [url=http://www.basketballofficialauthentic.com/nba-jerseys/philadelphia-76ers/landry-shamet-jersey]Landry Shamet Jersey