Home: Announcements: Policies:
Policy on Policy Board

Policy on Policy Board Can't Post

I figured A new forum was needed to discuss the rules/policies of discussion ;)

Basically, anything goes as long as you play nice. No name calling, no personal attacks, everything needs to be friendly. If you state a strong opinion, *PLEASE* make it clear it's your opinion.
  • Be careful of blanket condemnations, such as "Plastic beads just look cheap," unless you explain it.
  • Even a statement like, "I think plastic beads look cheap,and would never use them" can come across as a slight to everyone else who *does* like plastic beads, and uses them in their work.
  • Be careful how your tone comes across, and be sensitive to when someone may get their fur and feathers ruffled by it. Step back, and rephrase.
  • It's no "shame" or "weakness" to make your point more clear in a later message. This medium does not allow for body language or for hearing the "tone" of your words -- even emoticons can sometimes come across as "abrasive."

Simple rules. I'm sure I'll have to add to them as time goes on, but if people play nice, and really, really try to have fun, then more rules are unnecessary :)