Home: Help Me!: Searching For...:
kunzite beads?

jill

kunzite beads? Can't Post

Hi-

I am looking for kunzite beads. Any ideas where to look? I found some strands; but, they are over $100 a strand.

Thanks for your help-jill

Re: [jill] kunzite beads? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I don't know if you are talking about the two strands in our shop, but we have two strands of fairly good grade small cylinders, not sure of the exact size.

If you want some reference pricing, this site:

http://www.earthstone.com/Info/Beads/Kunzite.htm

is a reasonable wholesale source for materials, and you can see the WHOLESALE prices on their site. Figure retail would be at least 40-500% MORE than their prices. I think our prices are almost the same as theirs -- and ours are retail :)

This ebay seller is selling ONE 8x12 bead for $10.38 EACH! (and you don't even get to pick the actual bead!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/...95&category=3810
and has the price marked as "REDUCED!!" <<G>>

A 16" strand would have approximately 30-35 beads, and sell for over $300!!!

You should always consider "reference" pricing, when seeking out beads. Finding a few sites you can reference for a good idea of pricing is helpful when trying to get a grasp on what the "real cost" of materials is. I use EarthStone as one such site, as well as a few other sites. Not all sites have all material (in quality or shapes) at all times, and certain materials like Kunzite are usually in limited supply. larger retail sites can give you an idea of what people are willing to pay for a material, while the wholesale or importer sites can give you an idea of what the material costs -- regardless of how high (or low) it's currently selling for.

Also, finding some sites that have finished jewelry can help you get an idea of what the mark up on the items is, or what true "retail" or "end user" pricing can be.

I don't know of a cheaper source, or I'd buy them ;)

gembeads
New User

Feb 23, 2009, 6:11 PM

Re: [jill] kunzite beads? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I would like to recommend you a wonderful gemstone beads manufacturer, who could supply the high quality genuine kunzite beads with very good prices. Here is the website of the manufacturer: http://www.stunninggemstones.com/...e-Gemstone-beads.asp
They have more special gemstone beads, semi precious stone beads at their website and I really enjoyed their high quality beads. In addition, they have their own manufactory, so they could accept your custom order if you would like to require them to help you produce special shape or size gemstone beads.

angelaenoho

Re: [gembeads] kunzite beads? [In reply to] Can't Post

What shape Kunzite bead are you actually looking for? You need to be specific in terms of shape, size, color because its has huge variety. recenty i got to know of house of gems , they have huge variety of beads, i m quite sure that House of gems deal with Kunzite beads aswell.

peter.scott279

Re: [jill] kunzite beads? [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you tried A Grain of Sand? They have strings of kunzite nuggets that are about the same price you listed, but they also have kunzite "in the rough" strands for much cheaper. It depends on what you need. While you're there check out the rest of their site, too. They have so much great stuff and a bunch of gorgeous vintage cabochons that might go great with your project.

davidmet

Re: [jill] kunzite beads? [In reply to] Can't Post

well if you are looking for visit this website its good there are many Gemstone Beads and cabochons here.
Gemstone Beads
Silver Jewelry
Cabochons

(This post was edited by davidmet on Sep 3, 2011, 4:28 AM)