Home: 3d Beading: Beadie Critters:
Beadwork again!

Beadwork again! Can't Post

Beadwork magazine again has two articles on making beaded creatures and critters. One links to the http://light-bugs.com site, which has a fairly low-cost and very interesting set of critters that reminds me of the "noodles" or tubers and zots type critters, but only with beads, not foamy stuff.

These sorts of critters would not be hard to duplicate and expand upon on your own! Pine droppings would make great bodies, and for "dinosaurs" you could use chicken bones. (Hey, there is a book on making your own dinosaurs from chicken bones! We have a few copies, but haven't tried it yet!)

The other article is not so much a critter (unless you want to count the butterfly daisy choker), but is miniature flower baskets from delicas!

I have to admit, I have toyed with the idea of doing just that, after making a few "rounds" of delicas and size 10's that reminded me of flowers. I was stopped on the basket, since I am more of a realist, and could not figure out how to make a good basket. The baskets shown are "ok" IMHO, but some more realistic way (maybe using size 15's <G>) would work better for me.

I've been making miniature flowers since I was about 10 years old, and started Quilling. I have tiny, tiny flower baskets and flowers, spider plants and roses, carnations, and such from back then, that I'm amazed I was able to do! (Hey, in our old age we suprise ourselves with our youth <G>)

We've been thinking about Quilling classes (if we can find a good supplier, most are out of business, it seems) and I am _CERTAINLY_ compiling a list of beaded, paper, and wood miniatures for clases down the road!

All suggestions welcome (but please move them to the Classes, or appropriate forum area! - thanks!)

beadie critter

Re: [pugdog] Beadwork again! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey pug dog how do you get the beadwork magazine please give me a messege

Thanks
Beadie critter

Re: [beadie critter] Beadwork again! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure if it's sold out or not, but you can ask the publisher:

http://interweave.com

I don't know if I have any more copies of that issue in the store, but I can check.