Home: General Discussions: Beading Issues - Surveys, Questions and Calls for:
What can your LBS (Local Bead Shop) do, that on-line/mail order can't?

Feb 7, 2005, 8:44 PM

What can your LBS (Local Bead Shop) do, that on-line/mail order can't? Can't Post

There are things you can do in a retail shop that you just can't do mail order or on-line.

What are some things that an LBS can do, that it's just not possible to do on-line?

Classes with hands-on immediate feedback is one that comes to mind.

Our Silver Club, where you can pre-pay at wholesale/bulk rates, then pick out what you need, as you need it, is another.

Hands-on selection of the just the right shade, size, or shape of bead. Matching that missing bead, or the dress you are making the piece for really can't be done on-line either. Color is not really true and accurate on a screen or in print.

Searching through the odd-lots, excess beads, or vintage jewelry can't really be done on-line. You only see what is posted, and not everything is worth posting, or gets posted. We have a whole trunk of old/vintage/constume jewelry we pull "new" beads from.

What else can you think of?

Potomacbeadco
New User

Feb 28, 2007, 2:09 PM

Re: [pugdog] What can your LBS (Local Bead Shop) do, that on-line/mail order can't? [In reply to] Can't Post

Very good and practical site!

Though perhaps biased, the advantage of local bead stores include individual instruction, training, question & answer, availability... you can find pie ces locally you can't find online. You can get things right away instead of waiting for the mail. You can avoid shipping costs. You can make friends and ask questions. In some stores you can even get the best prices ;-).

Good question
-Nathan (www.potomacbeads.com)

pghuagvj
Novice

Aug 31, 2014, 7:26 PM

Re: [pugdog] What can your LBS (Local Bead Shop) do, that on-line/mail order can't? [In reply to] Can't Post

eozy is that retail and wholesale stores.
http://www.eozy.com/
Is an online wholesale and retail fashion online store.