Home: General Discussions: Off The Beadin' Path:
Misinformation: Chinese Writing Rock or Stone

Misinformation: Chinese Writing Rock or Stone Can't Post

This is another of my pet peeves, and I wanted to post a message so I don't forget to post the differences. There is a *LOT* of stuff being sold on ebay (and thus the web) as "Chinese Writing Rock". It's not. It's not even close!

This stuff is chinese writing rock:

http://www.bernardine.com/gemstones/chinwrite.htm

This site shows the differences between the stuff that is also called (acceptibly so) Chinese writing rock:

http://www.tanjco.com/...se_writing_stone.htm

While mineralogically they are different, what they do have in common is they _LOOK_ like chinese writing, ie: brush strokes on paper, with a look like chinese characters. (to western eyes).

What they do _NOT_ have is a mix of random swirls and colors, which often look like mookite.