Home: Announcements: Abuse By Pittsburgh Police:
sympathies

lisa c
New User

Oct 12, 2009, 11:50 AM

sympathies Can't Post

I'm here for the first time today. I'm glad you posted the officer's name, because the overall description of his behavior matches that of a policeman who came to answer a call in my borough nw of pittsburgh within the last 2 weeks. I'm going to check w my neighbors to see if it's the same guy.

I'm wondering what the outcome of your situation is, and hope you're ok, Dr Pataki.

Guys like that need to be out of positions of power and not allowed access to weapons, but, well, it's America, so I don't think the weapons end of it is enforceable. They also need professional psychiatric treatment and maybe meds.

If it's the same policeman who responded to the 911 call in my borough, he's probably now out of a job. If it's the same guy, I also feel a little sorry for him, because I don't think he really grasps what he's doing wrong in average, non-confrontational situations, either. Right around the time of the 911 call, I had an interaction with him. The very first words out of his mouth were said in a sneering, demeaning tone of voice. I responded in a friendly fashion to the content of the question he asked, not the tone of voice. He hung around silently for about a minute, as if waiting for more conversation, then gunned the car away. I got the impression that he was at a loss, as far as knowing how to further interact. Very sad.

Anyway, my sympathy for him only extends as far as that. People like that have had feedback about their tempers, etc, before and need to accept that they need to get help and make changes. THEY SHOULD NOT BE IN POSITIONS OF POWER WHERE THEY CAN HURT PEOPLE.

I hope your ordeal is over, and you had satisfaction with the courts.

My---
New User

Nov 28, 2010, 6:27 PM

Re: [lisa c] sympathies [In reply to] Can't Post

Dr. Pataki,
I'm sorry to hear of your ordeal, so sorry this happened to you. Had I been there, I hope that I would have had the courage and skill, to help you in some way. I've never been physically abused by an officer, but I've had great difficulties with "the system", where I found myself powerless and alone in my plight for justice. May future troubles like these, stay far away from both us forever more.