Home: Announcements: Announcements:
Closing after the holidays

Aug 17, 2009, 12:09 PM

Closing after the holidays Can't Post

It's going to be inevitable.

I physically can no longer do a day's work, and even 2-3 part-days together tore me up. So, the only way to protect my health, and stop me from doing too much, is to close for good, for real. I hate doing it, since I really love the beads and the rocks, and seeing what you do with them, but my bones aren't on my side.

I will do what I can to keep your holiday beading costs low, this tough economic season, and still offer the best pricing, and selection in the area.

We can still order what you need, but orders have to be pre-paid, at least estimated, since I'm trying to cut my inventory, not grow it any more.

We have been working for months to rearrange the shop, get all the stuff we had in boxes, corners and put into storage back out.

We have made great progress, and we have a *huge* selection of things on display we did not really have out before. Loads of centerpieces, pre-made pendents in silver with various materials from Roman Glass to gemstones.

We have a HUGE (compared to anyone else around) selection of chips, rounds and lower-end items in a really good quality for your basic projects.

Several of our customers/friends have been taking our slower moving "crafty" inventory and open store-stock items and turning them into jewelry. If you need gifts, or have a shop that needs new, original jewelry in different price ranges, stop by. If we don't have what you are looking for, we might be able to make it.

We have a *load* of pendents/charms/etc that we are putting on cords for quick-sale. Materials are gemstones, glass and gemstone donuts and shapes, charms/animals, freeform dichroic glass, holographic, and more. These are the type of things you can put out and people grab up. They sell well at craft/charity fairs, flea markets, or on counter displays in boutiques. Many can be "accessorized" with colored beads, accents and other "bling" to make them truly unique.

ALL ..... ALL ... our sterling (bali and other) and gold-filled stuff must go! Findings, clasps, headpins, ends, wire, beads, spacers, odds and ends. EVERYTHING. We have packs and stocks of some items, but other items are odds, or ones. There are real odds and ends, mis-matched pieces, large beads, large-hole beads, etc. Perfect for the type of jewelry that seems so popular now.

If you need bulk/wholesale items (swarovski, rounds, gold/silver, etc -- anything "catalog" type) *PLEASE* place your orders, or at least start to discuss them with us EARLY. We are *NOT* getting regular orders in any more, and have started to scale back replacement of our "stock." That means there are fewer opportunities to save on the shipping, and to get your stuff at our wholesale rates direct. If we know you need or will need something, we can remind you when we are about to order.

I really hate having to do this, but I can't "sit still" in the shop, even with the help, and I usually do too much, then end up suffering for it. The only way to stop, is to really stop.

NOTE: We've been asked several times about displays and stuff. We do carry a (dwindling) selection of jewelry displays for bracelets, earrings, necklaces, and such. I'm not reordering these items except on request. As for the "store" displays, until I see how much I have left, and how much I'm keeping for my "hobby" and trading, etc, I won't know what displays are available. I hope to keep the rocks/minerals/metaphysical and higher-end beads as a small part-time business for the people who have enjoyed my picks and selections over the past years. It's been fun, and I'd like to keep that up, if possible. As of now, we are not getting rid of the display cases or bins. But I do have some display items available for your jewelry.