Home: Announcements: Announcements:
Grand Re-opening -

Grand Re-opening - Can't Post

We were open last week, for our "Grand Reopening" and would have liked to see more new faces.

Our inventory and selection is the largest in the area, and it's grown significantly in the past few months for a number of interesting reasons.

We are starting to open the last of the boxes we had in storage, and are finding more of the loose beads, lower end strands, and dyed/glass/etc materials. These are colorful and popular, but not the mainstay of our regular business. We'd love to get rid of them, and the deals are really, really attractive (yes, in price, selection, and quality overall)

We also have made a number of "kits" and collections of loose beads of various sorts in combinations designed to augment and round out your stash and creative stock without breaking your budget or tying up a lot of cash. We've cut up strands, collected focal and accent beads, and made a variety of kits -- including a variety of corel kits from $20 - $120.

We've cut up, and sorted (high-graded) a lot of lower and mid-range materials, taking the best beads of several strands, or matching the color/shapes/sizes of beads from multiple strands and re-stringing them for easier (and more cost effective) use in your creations -- in all price ranges. For every strand we high-grade, there are several that are low-graded, and that means more inexpensive beads (sometimes *really* inexpensive). For instance, we high-graded several strands of picasso jasper. One strand has mostly the black/white beads with the touch of orange. The orange color didn't fit sprinkled through the strands. One strand ended up with all black spiderweb designs, and one strand was a nice mix of black and white beads with bolder patterns. We then made several short strands of mostly grey or mostly black which would be easier to use as spacers. When the beads were all mixed up on the strands the variety was very pretty, but trying to create something with such a varied set of colors and patterns is more difficult.

We've done that with some faceted ocean jasper rounds, where the colors ranged from pinks and greens to yellows and greys. Just too much variation per strand for such uniform-cut beads. We made strands of the various color/patterns that ranged from 5 or 7 beads to full 15" strands. They sold very, very well, and we only have a few left, mostly in the yellows and earthy colors. But, prior to that, the strands stayed on the hooks for over a year. Everyone loved the colors, but couldn't think what to do with them.

high-grading and sorting select strands is something we do, and is one of the wholesale/designer services we offer.

We've started to go through the bins, bags and boxes of loose beads, and strand beads in creative ways.

During the reopening, many people asked when/where did we "get those beads!" I had to smile. These are the same beads we had in the bins, cups, trays, and containers on the center table., around the counters, and in the drawers all along. They were just never noticed. By stringing them, and grouping them into sets/kits/strands they've taken on a whole new life -- and are very unique.

So, as Will Smith said in that 10 second commercial for Men In Black, right before he neuralized us through the TV -- "See them again, for the first time" <zap>

:)