Home: Announcements: Announcements:
More activity

Jul 31, 2007, 8:00 PM

More activity

With the changes in the "moving on" message, that will mean more time to build up the on-line beading offerings. While our main gist has been that there are no secrets, and the trick to beading is to "just do it", there are things that can be shared on-line, and people exchanging what they have done and sharing ideas is still valuable.

It will also be a way to hook up and keep in touch, and let people know what is going on, and where we'll be setting up next.

Much of the things I've wanted to do with the on-line sites (more links, more content, even current photos of our inventory) are going to be possible. So, while our hours, and maybe even our presence may be cut for a time, our on-line presence should grow.

We are still looking for a permanent home, but if we can't find one, or find one right away, we will be setting up shop around town, on weekends, and odd times where you can come by and refill your stocks, or pick up your orders.

One thing we had planned on doing, was to bring the beading into the community, through weekend bead fairs, workshops, and trunk shows around town. While that got messed up for this summer, as part of the long range plans, it's still in the works.

We are *not* planning on closing, just moving. Any transition is hard, and will have bumps. After over 15 years in the same space, it's hard to think about moving, but everything has its time.

While it may seem sudden, it's been thought about for years. Our past two lease renewals have been rocky times, as we decide to stay, or go. With the changes in our family, and the increase in graffiti, "toughing it out" just isn't as much fun.

Wouldn't you all like a brighter, more colorful, and open place to work? We certainly would.

Robert