Home: General Discussions: Beading Issues - Surveys, Questions and Calls for:
Spiderline XXX Mono

Nov 27, 2003, 7:22 PM

Spiderline XXX Mono

Hi,

Marie has been using some Spiderline in a necklace using a coraling technique.

The filament is getting a heavy curl with use, and the end with the needle shows what could be called fraying (if this wasn't a mono-filament). She thinks the eye of the needle is causing the damage to the filament, but the fact that there is a major curl (wave) forming in the fiber is what has me "interested."

These mono filaments are not supposed to have a memory, or to curl, so there has to be some sort of "damage" happening as the fiber is being pulled through the beads -- in addition to the physical damage caused by the eye of the needle on the fiber.

The coraling instructions say to use as long a thread as you can, and that might be the problem. When shorter lengths are used, less "damage" will occur.

These are Miyuki seed beads (11/o) so they are not low quality glass.

Maybe larger hole beads (Toho) will be a part of the solution for some things.

The point of the note here, is that while I like the Spiderline mono's, and the other new mono's over the old stuff, there are still issues. They are not indestructable -- just better than the old stuff.

I'll try to get some photos of the fraying.

maryfayolaa

Re: [pugdog] Spiderline XXX Mono

I have never experienced Spiderline. Thank you for this helpful review! [url=https://fridaynightfunkin.co/]friday night funkin
[url=https://fridaynightfunkin.co/]friday night funkin