Home: General Discussions: Off The Beadin' Path:
Misinformation: Chinese Writing Rock or Stone

Misinformation: Chinese Writing Rock or Stone

This is another of my pet peeves, and I wanted to post a message so I don't forget to post the differences. There is a *LOT* of stuff being sold on ebay (and thus the web) as "Chinese Writing Rock". It's not. It's not even close!

This stuff is chinese writing rock:

http://www.bernardine.com/gemstones/chinwrite.htm

This site shows the differences between the stuff that is also called (acceptibly so) Chinese writing rock:

http://www.tanjco.com/...se_writing_stone.htm

While mineralogically they are different, what they do have in common is they _LOOK_ like chinese writing, ie: brush strokes on paper, with a look like chinese characters. (to western eyes).

What they do _NOT_ have is a mix of random swirls and colors, which often look like mookite.

deanwilliams

Re: [pugdog] Misinformation: Chinese Writing Rock or Stone

The second link is not working. I would like to learn more on Chinese writing rock. Is there any myth on this?

(This post was edited by deanwilliams on Aug 3, 2019, 5:52 AM)

amanda077

Re: [pugdog] Misinformation: Chinese Writing Rock or Stone

the second link seems error.. https://sites.google.com/site/bestessaywritingservicereview/
The requested URL /FYI/fyi_chinese_writing_stone.htm was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.